Data logging - how cool is that...

Bought a Vag-Com lead off ebay and tried the shareware version of the software. Superb.

Liked it that much that I actually sent them the money and bought a licence. (With a c).

This enabled me to reset my throttle body which was casuing a dodgy cold idle. Then after I had done that, I could log a start up and check that everything was in range. Which it now is. Logs are saved in excel format as well.

All you really need these days is a 13mm spanner, a hammer and a laptop.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Does it work on both the Ibiza and Golf? I considered it as a birthday or christmas present for my dad and his Audi. I thought he might break it though.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Have a loo at

If you get the right lead it works on any VAG car after about 1996. He would need a CAN bus lead. Easily bought from ebay. Software is 99 Dollars.

And you can't break the car as long as you stay out of the bits it tells you to stay out.

It's very very cool indeed.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I'm interetsted in the vag-com to useo n my polo. So all you need is the lead ? (how much was that) and the software ? (costing)

I had my throttle body re-aligned when my idle was eratic they also cleaned it and charged me £85 and kept the car 2 and half days, pfft

what else can be done with this software ? (stupid me, i''l google it, I've typed this line and am too lazy to delete it I crossed the point of no return)

Reply to
tishtash

Lead - 22 Dollars Software 100 Dollars.

Does everything that the official dealer stuff does and more.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Great my dealer wants £45 ecerytime they connect up! this could be cheapeir nt he long run for as long as I have a VAG car :)

Reply to
tishtash