Pack that Corvette Ric

Looks like another is headed for you.

?large Kind of hard to be out driving your baby with one of these every month.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Man, has somebody put a big "Kick Me" sign on the Florida panhandle or what?

Ric if it's any help, a friend who lives in Coral Springs said this one wasn't too bad. Hope it doesn't pick up strength in the Gulf...

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Reply to
CardsFan

LOLOLOL Heading right for me again, who would'a thunk it!!!!

But with one every few months for the last few years I've got it down to a science. I can have the generator up and the house extension corded and going in less than a 1/2 an hour :-) Fridges, freezers, fans and of course DirectTiVo. Gas grill is ready to go also. Got plenty of gasoline and propane. Got everything packed in order of use. I almost bought a second hand little window A/C unit a couple weeks ago, that would of rounded out the setup nicely. But the pool will do :-)

Tom >Looks like another is headed for you.

Reply to
RicSeyler

With 90deg water it will gain a lot of strength. I hope we get the west side of the storm it this time, I'm tired of us always getting the east side of them. Heck I'll take the eye over the east side any day.

Reply to
RicSeyler

Just as long as Jim Cantore doesn't show up on your porch, you are in great shape. Good luck.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Yeah, a friend from South Florida went to work out in California for the last 6 years. He has been trying to swing a transfer back to Florida and finally managed it a few months ago.

He was semi prepared. He said he was set up with his generator and all when they lost power in Katrina but forgot the generator was empty, so he was out in the storm draining the motorcycle by flashlight to get gas for the generator!

Looks like the predicted track is moving more west all the time. Actually hoping it will hit Texas. My brother is there and he says they are in drought conditions, it have been months since any real rain.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Frikkin MONSTER now!! Wow! They are predicting 20ft storm surge here in Pensacola which is twice as high as the one from Ivan, it will completely wipe off the island.. We probably only get winds in the 70's but all the water from rain & surge will beat the hell out of everything... arrgh...

I feel for New Orleans, N.O. pr>Looks like another is headed for you.

Reply to
RicSeyler

Reply to
Bob I

Last reports indicate that Katrina dwarfs Camille and will have a destruction footprint 4 to 5 times that of the '60 storm. I flew emergency supplies out of Sherman into the area around Gulfport & Biloxi after Camille. My crew dropped off 5 gallons of water and dried soup to each family that waived at us. I remember one family that had lost everything save for a pot and Coleman stove.

Hang in there Ric! Our prayers are with you all tonight.

..PJ

Bob I wrote:

Reply to
PJ

No electricity at the house again... arrrrgghhh ;-)

Just trash and debris all over the yard and limbs & leaves in the pool.

Tom >Looks like another is headed for you.

Reply to
RicSeyler

Glad to hear you are ok. The news out of La and Miss is not good. Lots of destruction, lots of death, lots of unknown and a long time to get back to normal.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Reply to
RicSeyler

should have relocated 19 years ago. don't really understand why one live below sea level in a hurrican proned area to begin with.

no real pun entended... just my2¢

-- "Key"

Reply to
'Key

FWIW I'm not below sealevel, and I pay high insurance premiums to For-Profit Corporations to live here. And don't have any problem with doing so. (although do have a big problem with how some of those corps fulfill their contracts with us) :-)

Never been eligible or asked for a nickel of FEMA or any government money. And I'll take a hurricane and the discomfort from it to live here and not EVER be land locked.

But there is a very valid argument for those >

Reply to
RicSeyler

then your not in New Orleans. my mistake...

my2¢

Reply to
'Key

Reply to