Ten Commandments of Corvette

Found on C3 Vette Registry Forums by screen name of Annicorvette. Anni also commented on how hard it's getting to obey commandment 7. Ten Commandments Of

CORVETTE Owners

I. Thou shalt not loan a Corvette to anyone. II. II. Thou shalt not bring a Corvette to an automatic car wash.

III. Thou shalt not fail to wave at a fellow owner.

IV. Thou shall not swear at Corvette ------ for it is very temperamental.

V. Thou shalt not cruise on unpaved road.

VI. Thou shalt not pass a fellow Corvette owner

In distress.

VII. Thou shalt not feed with budget grade fuel.

VIII. Thou shalt not expose Corvette to severe weather conditions.

IX. Thou shalt not forget to secure vehicle.

X. Thou shalt not acknowledge a porche or 280 Z as being a true sports car.

Reply to
Scubabix

Well, I violated this. I let my Dad use it a few times. And one of my best friends for a parade over in Central Illinois. Of course, he had spent tiem on his back rebuilding the rear suspension next to me and we had spent enough time working on my Corvettes, his Corvettes, and other Corvettes that I figured his appreciation of it was a great as mine and he'd probably die before he let anything happen to my car, just like I would have if I had his Corvette.

A Corvette Club I was in long ago violated this one many times. We went off on a road trip to an event and one guy broke his tranny. We repaired it in the parking lot, gat about a third of the way hope when it broke again, and we had to fix it again. The club was fed up and decided it was time to blast off to the restaurant we were going to, rather than stay with him to be sure he made it home. We got to the restaurant as they wee leaving so he was going to continue with them, but they ran off and left him again.

Abotu a year later, we were broke on the road to Bloomington when they went blasting past us, honking and waving, and off up Route 66. We finally made it there 6 hours later (we only had 2 hours to go normally). On the way back, we blew a tire and here they came again, blastign past, honking and waving.

Joined a different club a couple of weeks later.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

Okay, I can accept "loaning it" to your Dad and friend, they have a bit of an investment in you being there and in the car. :) That sounds like a real good club to avoid. It's always amazed me how some people can act that way to their "friends." I hope the other club does you better.

Rob

Reply to
Scubabix