wondering how much - NOS parts

I have a new Old Stock 63-4 grill in the box Also the grill molding pn#1-3797235 Instruction sheet pn#C846941 with the nut and bolt package - still sealed I have no idea what original parts like this are worth. I know the repro grill is $300 the molding repro is $100 The instruction sheet ??? The bolt and nut kit ??? Anybody know how to find out ? Or anybody care to make and offer ? I plan on going to the NCRS in Kissimmee this month. I have had these for 10 years but keep forgetting to take them with me

Reply to
kickstart

NOS parts are always worth *at least* the repro price. Some of the repro stuff is made by the original vendors and indistinguishable from NOS in every way. Particularly once it out of the box and bolted on the car.

-W

Reply to
Clams Canino

Might be of interest to the members on

Dad

THanks. I just tried and can't post or ask Q's with out joining for $35 If your a member, can you throw that on for me and give my address ? Either way I suppose I'll have to take them to the NCRS in Kissimmee in a couple of weeks Thanks Danny

Reply to
kickstart

THanks. I just tried and can't post or ask Q's with out joining for $35 If your a member, can you throw that on for me and give my address ? Either way I suppose I'll have to take them to the NCRS in Kissimmee in a couple of weeks Thanks Danny

Just sent it to a member, I'll let you know what he has to say.

Reply to
Dad

thanks If those guys @ NCRS weren't so snooty I'd join, but the ones I have met act like there is only 1 way to enjoy a vette, and that's to be anal about it. I just can't go with that for everyday enjoyment. But I won't destroy a collectable or original rare auto or anything for that matter. That's the main reason I want to see this grill end up where it should. Or I could just mount it on the garage wall. At least I know what it is. danny

Reply to
kickstart

Opinion of one of the NCRS members is that the repo parts are made to pass their inspections and NOS have little value over them. On the other side of that you are on the right track to take them to a show and hope to find a purest. If all that falls in place you could get a premium for them of maybe 10/20%.

I'm looking for a white with red interior automatic coupe of the '91 to '96 vintage, keep me in mind. Right now I have 2 in mind but the one I want is in Oregon and I'm not in the mood to go that far and I will not ship one. The other is holding his price to high but is less than 100 miles from me. Unless a good buy comes along I'll most likely go with that one.

Reply to
Dad

thanks for the info I'll be at NCRS Kissimmee 20th-23rd this month. I have a pair of ddamn near perfect red 96 seats too ! I think I opaid $4 or 600 for them a few years back, the only thing with them is the drivers seat where you get in and out has a skight rub/wear other than that they are oerfect. I had them in the 79 but they are too high and slightly wide, but damn they are comfortable, alot more than the stock ones I have Oyster interior in the 79 and sooner or later wil change it to black or red(more than likely) That's why I tried out the 96 seats If I see any cars you might like I will get the ph# and send them to you where are you located ? danny snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
kickstart

thanks for the info I'll be at NCRS Kissimmee 20th-23rd this month. I have a pair of ddamn near perfect red 96 seats too ! I think I opaid $4 or 600 for them a few years back, the only thing with them is the drivers seat where you get in and out has a skight rub/wear other than that they are oerfect. I had them in the 79 but they are too high and slightly wide, but damn they are comfortable, alot more than the stock ones I have Oyster interior in the 79 and sooner or later wil change it to black or red(more than likely) That's why I tried out the 96 seats If I see any cars you might like I will get the ph# and send them to you where are you located ? danny snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Northwest Ohio,18 miles east of Indiana a 6 miles south of Michigan.

Reply to
Dad