08 Caravan

anyone else with an 08 SXT with 3.8 l V6 6speed auto tranny have any transmission issues, mine went in to shop on the back of a tow truck this
morning.. with major transmission problem, will let yas know what they find when I find out.. but right now delay shifting from 2nd to 3rd and awful noise and feels like its dragging sumthing under the van in reverse.... its now at the dealer....
Pete...

I have the 08 SXT with the 4.0 liter, 6 speed, and have about 11000 miles. No problems so far, with several runs into the Sierras with lots of shifting. I let the auto do the shifting for the uphills, and manually shifted into the lower gears for the long steep downhills.

Forgot to mention, that I also have the towing package, which includes heavy duty engine cooling, engine oil cooler, heavy duty radiator, and heavy duty transmission oil cooler.

I have that as well.. took it down to California last summer I live in BC on west coast of Canada.. ran like a dream... Dodge called me today.. Transmission is hosed..... you have same trany, just different motor... I have just over 24,000 k on it... kinda discourages ya after spending all that money.. only couple options I didnt get in it.... love it , kids loved the DVD system on way to Calif.. I Love the 500w sub and sound system..;) now if only the trany worked... I am driving an 09 right now. low end model.. with the 3.3 in it glad I spent the extra money to get the bigger motor... I do as you do I shift it down into lower gear going down steep hills... other than that it stays in (D)....

On Fri, 08 May 2009 00:39:31 -0700, Pete & Cindy wrote:

What kind of gas mileage does that 3.8 or 4.0 motor get? I have an '09 with a 3.3 and am not impressed with the fuel economy (16/24).

with the 3.8 around town I get about 18.. last summer on vacation to LA.. averaged about 28 on the Highway 5 passangers and luggage.....

welp got van back yesterday with complete new transmission and front axle assembly is what they told me.... said it was the 1st one of those trannys that had ever failed.... figures I would get it... oh well all it good so far.;)
Pete..

Do you live in a heavy snow area?

Do you live in a heavy snow area?
not at all... hardly get any snow here at all...

Sorry to be suspicious. Can't help thinking about differential spin- out failures in spring.

Site Timeline