1988 Dodge Dakota 3.9 V6

While commuting to and from work (60 miles on interstate hwy) it sounds like I'm driving on a set of knobby off road tires (the tires are BF Goodrich radials). All emissions/exhaust have been replaced and passed inspection within pass week.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Julie Murrman

"" wrote: > While commuting to and from work (60 miles on interstate hwy) > it sounds like > I'm driving on a set of knobby off road tires (the tires are > BF Goodrich > radials). All emissions/exhaust have been replaced and passed > inspection > within pass week. > > Any ideas?

Bad tire or wheel bearing/s.Look for knots or seperations on the tires.

Reply to
Shakes73

Are the tires "cupping".

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I would normally concur with the other posters here but on this particular vehicle I would also suspect the motormounts, which are prone to failure because of the way people have to have give them so much throttle (damn near floor it) just to get them to move. My TBI 3.9 was such a dog you had to "drive it like you're mad at it." The worn-out motormount will kind of sounds like you're going down a gravel road although you're on smooth pavement. If that's what it sounds like, check the mounts. Otherwise, note whether it makes the noise under acceleration only, or all the time, etc. Depending on that, you may try going down the street about 20-25 and killing the engine (push in clutch if equipped) and seeing if that changes it (or makes it disappear, indicating a bad motormount)

Reply to
James Goforth