2000 Cirrus with 2.5l

Speedometer is my Cirrus stopped working while driving; it pegged past

120mph then when back to zero. Odemeter still works and transmission shifts normally. Couple of years ago I had to replace the speed sensor on the transmission but the symptom was somewhat different; the transmission would not shift out of first and the speedometer did not work. Any ideas?
Reply to
Car1229

Possibly the circuit board or gauge?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Maxpower may have a good point. Maybe try and push on the cluster as you are driving. My 96 Neon had a guage - dash problem, after living with it for several years I pulled the circuit board and found cracks at the solder joints where it plugs into the car harnesses. resoldered all the joints on the circuit board and has worked fine ever since....

Stuuder

Car1229 wrote:

Reply to
Stuuder

dash to no avail. Taking out the speedo sounds like a good idea the question is how....it does not look easy.

Reply to
Car1229