2004 dodge caravan p0405

Hello there,

I have a 2004 dodge grand caravan (V3.3L) recently throw OBD code P0404 & P0405 code.

I did my research on internet and did the following:

I took off the EGR and clean it with Carb cleaner I disconnected my battery for 5 minutes.

after i done all above, the SES light was gone but right after I start engine and drive for 200 yards, SES back on.

I used my OBD scanner to read the code, now it gave me P0405.

looks there's only one thing i can do is to replace the EGR? or anybody has any idea/suggestion?

Thanks!

Reply to
Steven

Steven, check your email. I sent you a PDF of the diagnostic manual.

Reply to
SRN

Not sure about the 3.3, but on the 2.2 and 2.4 the little vacuum dohickey that controls the EGR valve causes a lot of PO405 codes.

Not sure if they are available separately - at one point the only way to get them was with the valve - but changing the control alone, without changing the valve, was a lot simpler. (and a common occurrence in flat rate shops) Got the parts to prove it from my daughter's Neon (part number on the box 1-04287637 - tag on the valve

4287-637 and 0584B - valve shiney new, new gasket still in the box - dirty control valve) She was smart enough to request the old parts.

Problem dissapeared with the repair so she didn't complain.

Reply to
clare

I'd apprecate a copy and would ask if this applies to the bigger engine (3.8?) as well,

brother_rabbit @ hotmail.com

Reply to
NotMe