2005 Grand Caravan (Electrical Question)

Hello

My wife just called me and stated that her 2005 Grand Caravan (14K miles) was "acting up"......that the CD player/Radio would go OFF, the brake light would come ON, but the van would continue to run normally.....then the brake light would go OFF and the CD/Radio would come back ON. I have never seen anything like that before. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?? I drove her van a long distance recently, with no problems, but I listened to Satellite Radio the entire time.....could there be a problem with the CD player....but, why would the brake light come on? Or, is my wife imagining things?

Thanks in advance.....regards, John

Reply to
John-USN

Take it to the dealer, it's still under warranty. Duh.

Reply to
Dan C

Reply to
John-USN

What does it matter? You're going to take it to the dealer, anyway. Duh.

Reply to
Dan C

John your gonna have to have the dealer run a module scan on everything to see what codes if any are stored.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks Glenn.....appreciate your help.

Reply to
John-USN

Glenn....Well, the van was at the dealer today....no codes....they drove it for 8 miles and could not get the problem to replicate.....so, nothing was done. Just wonder if the problem is a prelude to a bigger issue.

John

Reply to
John-USN

Is there an add on satellite radio? Are there any after market accessories on this vehicle? Being that it is an intermittent problem and no fault codes stored to direct someone to a place to start looking it is going be hard to diagnois. Just keep getting it documented each time you take it to the dealer if the problem exists

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower

Glenn....Not an "add on" SIRIUS, but there is a "STOCK" 6-CD Changer and SIRIUS radio. The van completely cut out today at a light.....everything off. CD Player was playing at the time. Van started right back up. It only seems to occur, randomly, when the CD player is on. SAT radio and regular do not cause problem....nor does problem occur when radio is completely off.

I think I have a bad CD changer.

John

Reply to
John-USN

light.....everything

Im pretty sure that CD changer is on the BUS system of the vehicle. If the CD changer has an internal fault I would imagine it could cause problems. I would have thought that the dealer would have found a fault code. Hopefully the technician that checked it out also checked the Audio system for fault codes. The only thing you could do outside of taking it back all the time would be to disconnect the CD changer from the system and see if the problem goes away. if it does, plug it back in and see if the problem reoccurs. If it does, See the dealer service manager and explain to him what you found and demand that the CD exchanger be sent out.

good luck

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower