’88 dodge caravan won’t start

i have a 1988 dodge caravan. i am having trouble starting the van. it has been sitting for about 1-2 yrs. i am hoping tha it is just bad fuel. it will just turn over... it will sometimes sputter out the engine. any help??

Reply to
mandm728

If the Caravan will not start and it has been sitting for 1 or 2 years you may want to try and have it jumped. As sitting can cause the battery to uncharge. The battery may still be good but it hasn`t been started in order to keep the battery charged. Simply have it jumped and let it idle for about 10 or 15 minutes. Than drive it for the day. For the first 1/2 of the day I wouldn`t turn off the mini-van that way the battery can continue to charge. I recently bought an 88 Dynasty and it had to be jumped to start and the first day I had it I let it run as I ran in from store to store and the following day had no problems starting it. Also, if you could explain the following: "... it will sometimes sputter out the engine. any help??" Please explain this in more detail and I would try to help on that as well! ;)

Reply to
q-_-p