95 caravan gas leak

I have a 3.0 caravan and I have a fuel leak from a line at the rear of the gas tank. The leak is in the area that has a protective sleeve over it and joins the rigid line. The fitting appears to be round (no wrench size). How do you disconnect this line, and is it pressurized?

Thanks for any help

Reply to
DonTraboulsee

Im not sure if this line is a quick disconnect or not, if it isn't you can simply replace the line and clamps with fuel injection hose and hose clamps. Yes it would be under pressure. If you are not familiar with the system have someone repair it that is qualified.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Leak now fixed. Found out that when the van is started, line is pressurized. When the van is turned off the leak was at the swagged fitting. I allowed the leak to drip into a container until it dried up, then cut off the rubber hose close to the swagged fitting(factory hose clamp),then I used a hacksaw to cut off the fitting exposing the steel line inside. It was a simple as sliding the remaining hose over the steel line and putting on a stainless steel clamp. Took 15 minutes tops.

Reply to
DonTraboulsee

Without barbs to hold the line from slipping off, you might have a problem, some day.

At least double up on the clamps. Even better would be to put a flair fitting on it, transitioning into a barbed fitting.

It would suck to have that thing blow off, and burn up the vehicle.

Reply to
Morgans

Your right, It could come off but the steel fitting has a flare on the end and the clamp keeps it in place. It was not just a straight piece of steel tubing.

I do appreciate the concern. Thanks

Reply to
DonTraboulsee