1991 chevy silverado gas line fix

I have a fuel line leak under the truck, is it possible to splice the fuel line or must I drop the fuel tank and replace the whole line, If the union in the line breaks am I SOL or can it be replaced with a different fitting thanks for any help, jeff

Reply to
Dig

I would repair it with a rayon reinforced Neoprene line. Don't know what you talking about regarding the union and fitting.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Double flare the line and use flare nut fittings. Most auto parts stores carry sections of steel line in various sizes and lengths from 4 inches to 6 feet with the fittings already so all you have to do is flare the lines on the truck. Thing is if the lines on the trcuk are leaking from rust you might as well replace the entire length and get it done and over with.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

If it's rusty, replace the entire line.

Reply to
Steve W.

I had a fuel line rupture on my '89, I fixed it with two hose clamps and a brass barb union, 5 years later, it's still holding.

I checked around looking for new line after I fixed it but the only place I could find a new one was at the dealer and it was over $100 because it was a kit for both the sending and return line. Mine was leaking near the firewall, so I only needed a line from the filter to the TBI, buying the whole set up seemed a little excessive at the time.

Now I'm in the process of putting in a new engine, since it's now easy to get to, I'll probably go ahead and replace the lines.

IF you have to change the whole l>I have a fuel line leak under the truck, is it possible to splice the fuel

Reply to
nanook