Removing gas from '95 Taurus ???

The auto tranny finally went south in my '95 Taurus 3.0 (160k miles)--naturally right after I filled up the gas tank.

It did get me home, and now I want to remove the gas for the other car. There must be a screen or something way down in the tank filler pipe, because a siphoning hose won't even reach the gas.

I do not want to cut the line anywhere (the type that takes a special tool to force the line on any fittings), because the car is still moveable and I need it to stay that way for a while yet.

Next idea(?) is to utilize the fitting under the hood where one screws on a pressure gauge to test the fuel pressure, and possibly just pump out the gas??

If this will work, what could I use/buy to screw on and depress the valve core, short of buying a whole pressure gauge?

Thanks for any help or ideas. Lee.

Reply to
Lee

Thomas Moats

I would still rather pump it out through the pressure test fitting.

I found out that fitting is apparently like a common schrader air fitting so that shouldn't be a problem, but I'll have to see a mechanic to learn where the fuel pump relay is, and how to jump it so the fuel pump will run continuously with the key on.

???????????

Thanks. Lee.

attaches the

hose through the

the

the

car

yet.

one

depress

Reply to
Lee

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Why not just put some fuel stabilizer in the tank and leave it be until you fix it? The gas in my '68 still burned alright after sitting for 6 months. Though admittedly when I put the new high compression motor in it the thing didn't like the old 89 octane. It now runs on 94 octane and still pings a little under heavy load.

While the '68 was down for 6 months or so I bought an Oldsmobile Calais Supreme, 2.5L 5 speed. It sat for 2 yeasrs before I bought it. No fuel stabilizer or anything. All it took to get it started was a jump-start. It ran alright on the old gas, though I did notice it ran better when I put new gas in it.

Just put some fuel stabilizer in the tank and you ought to be good for a couple years at least.

Cory

Reply to
Cory Dunkle

the

the

car

yet.

one

depress

be until you

for 6 months.

it the thing

still pings a

Oldsmobile Calais

No fuel

jump-start. It

when I put new

good for a

Uhhh, I'm not going to fix it. It takes a "new" rebuilt plus the AOD converter(everything is chewed up including the planetary unit), and I'm not puttin that kind of money in it.

Done got a deal goin on a 12,000 mile '03 factory Taurus for

10k.

Thanks for the info though. Lee.

Reply to
Lee

"Lee" wrote

Is it still an EEC-IV in that year, with the test plug on the right side of the engine bay, zap-strapped to the A/C pipes? Grounding the tan/lt-green wire(s) at the plug with the key on should turn on the F-pump relay.

Reply to
MasterBlaster