Accessing 'blend door' on '92 Grand Voyager

help me please

'92 Plymouth Grand Voyager, AWD. Not quite enough heat.

Need instructions ofr accessing the 'blend door' in the heat exchanger. Tomorrow's going to be nice, so I'd like to tackle it then!

Thanks

Reply to
Hachiroku

Its in the heater box, you would need to disassemble the box to access it, why would you think it is that?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

'Cause you suggested it about 7-8 months ago???

I posted a message about my heater back then, saying I wasn't getting enough heat from the vents. I *think* you said the Blend door wasn't closing properly...(someone did!). Well, I have a Supra 'project car' that got most of my attention during the warm weather, now it's time to put the AWD van on the road.

I looked at the vacuum-operated valve; I detatched the lever from the actuator; the position of the lever has NO effect on the temperature of the air, but the lever on the heater control does vary the temp from cold to warm. It seems warmer than it did last year, but then again, it was 65 degrees yesterday.

The temp control lever DOES bind halfway between cold and hot, and you have to force it to move from one end to the other. It also doesn't like to go into 'Recirc' very easily.

So, I need to follow the cable down to the heater box...and how do I get there (how much of the dash do I have to remove?)

Reply to
Hachiroku

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 04:24:35 -0500, maxpower wrote:

Told you so!!!

____________________

Ok me again under my other name.....You need to look at the door lever under the center dash behind the console to see if the door is stuck, if it is perform the procedure 1.. Remove the center floor console on vehicles so equipped. 2.. Remove the floor air distribution duct. 3.. On the extension which houses the blend air door shaft inside the heater-A/C housing , drill a 3/32 in. (2.2 mm) hole perpendicular to the side of the extension and 3/8 in. (10 mm) up from the bottom of the extension to gain access to the blend air door shaft. 4.. Spray a sufficient amount of Mopar Rust Penetrant or some other type of good quality penetrating oil into the hole drilled in step 3 and work the temperature control lever until it moves freely. 5.. When the door moves freely, inject Spray Lube into the hole for two seconds time in order to prevent further binding/sticking in this area. 6.. Wipe the housing exterior clean of any excess lubricant and tape over hole in extension with black duct tape. 7.. Install floor air distribution duct. 8.. Install center floor console if equipped. 9.. If movement of the temperature control lever is still difficult, inspect the temperature control cable where it attaches to the control for kinks. If kinked replace the temperature control cable. Refer to the appropriate service manual for cable replacement procedure, and the appropriate Labor Operation Time Schedule Manual for cable replacement time allowance. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

__________________________________

I had asked this question last year. My default server removed your response a looooong time ago, but I have since gotten a sub to a more fully-featured news server, and it just happened to still be there.

This does NOT sound like fun...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ok now that you told me so......have you done it??

Reply to
maxpower

No, I was going to today but got tied up. Tell me there's an easier way!

Reply to
Hachiroku