air conditioning in my 95 Dodge Grand Caravan

I sent my 95 Dodge Grand Caravan to the dealer to repair the wiring. That came to a total of $1,023.00. Everything seem to be working fine. I put in a brand new compressor, new clutch, new drier,new expansion valve. Then I charged it up but had a leak. I paid $75.00 to find the leak. Then I went through the charging process again. My compressor comes on for a short while, then it clicks off and on. It will not run continuously.

Reply to
preacherette7

My in-laws have a '97 cherokee which was empty on freon.... I ended up putting some charging oil in first, then 1 can (that's all I had) and the at first the compressor was only turning on for about 3 seconds and cycling off. Then as it got more freon in it, it started staying on longer (5-10 seconds at a time)... I suspect once you get enough refrigerant in it, it would stay on longer... It will just take a while to get it in (as it only sucks it in while the compressor runs)

Reply to
99trooper