Dodge caliber manual... engine needing power ???

Hi, I've just bought a new Caliber SXT manual and I am encounting an issue.... Although this is supposed to be a 150hp engine it doesn't feel like it. It's having hard time climbing not that hard roads and on plane route seems to have a very low power between 2700 @ 3200 rpm... ( No acceleration at all ) Yes I could shift down but on the highway having to put the third to pass someone a 100kph(60mph) seems a bit odd....

am I alone feeling that or it's my car that need something to be fixed???

I'm now at 600Km ( around 375 miles ) ...

(Sorry for my english...)

Thanks for any though....

Cloon

Reply to
cadeau77

I have a Caliber SXT with the 2.0L gas and CVT auto transmission. I don't know how a manual transmission performs. I will say that the performance does increase considerably as the engine is broken in. I now have 4,000 miles on mine and its much peppier than when first purchased. I have taken mine on a few long road trips and it easily maintained 75mph on the highway and 55-60mph up most mountain grades. It takes getting used to in order to find where the engine wants to run especially with the CVT transmission.

Reply to
miles