Dodge Caravan Horn

I have a 03 Dodge Caravan SXT. The horn sounds tinny, not the duel sounding horn . I've had it replaced 2 times already. Any ideas?

Reply to
jimmar_56 via CarKB.com

The horn grounds thru the bolt that attaches it to the body, make sure it is tight

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Have someone hold the horn button down while you move the tuning screw on the non-functioning horn in both directions for up to a full turn in either direction until it works. Road grime and water, plus age make the diaphragm brittle and a little movement under power of the tuning screw can break this loose. Hope this works/helps! Ummm?? Tuning scew is on the top side of the mounted horn.

Reply to
Don Ocean

Reply to
al nakba

A horn is a horn is a horn Mr Hubbard! The Mercedes I drive has virtually the same horn...And Chrysler motors is owned by Diamler/Benz.. ;-p

By the way you are off topic here as you are in all the other NG's that you post to.

Reply to
Don Ocean

A star of David has 6 points. The Chrysler Pentastar has 5.

Reply to
Bret

Reply to
al nakba

Reply to
al nakba

Dodge Bros did use a star of david from 1914 to 1928.

As for the hord - is it a single, or dual horn setup. Many "low end" vehicles get single (treble) horn, and dual horns are part of an upgrade option package. If it just goes "meep meep" it's likely a single horn.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

I stand corrected. I plead ignorance, 1928 is somewhat before my time.

Reply to
Bret