DODGE NEON PROBLEMS

I have a 1996 Dodge Neon and it has been popping,(back firing)and missing, whan I accelerate. But sometimes when I take off extra slow it dosn't do it as bad. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
nicolewilliams

That's because you have a cylinder misfire, replace plugs and wires before you damage the converter. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I have a 97 dodge neon .the back-up lights were out of sinc so I had a dealer put a new cable in but it still wa not right. They said there may be a problem inside the transmission but wanted more to do the work.I cannot afford that right now..Is the a backu-up light shift adjustment in the tansmiision itself. Please help.

Reply to
rjw6268

I have a 97 dodge neon .the back-up lights were out of sinc so I had a dealer put a new cable in but it still wa not right. They said there may be a problem inside the transmission but wanted more to do the work.I cannot afford that right now..Is the a backu-up light shift adjustment in the tansmiision itself. Please help.

Reply to
rjw6268

This makes no sense at all!! "Back up lites out and had cable installed????/ what cable and why???? I wonder if this is an automatic or manual trans?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

sounds like the dealer is trying to taker them for a ride on the empty wallet express.

Reply to
Adam