Gauges don't work on voyger

Hi, I have a 91 Voyger that the speedo, tac, gas, oil, and charge gauges do not work. The check gauges light is on. It just stopped working, then worked sometimes, now it doesn't work at all. I have change the gauges fuse, that didn't help. The warning lights seem to work ok. Since none of the gauges work, I figure it must be a broken instrument panel board. Could I get one from a junk yard and put it in. If so, what do I do about the speedo milage not being the same? here in Fla it is recorded every time you buy a new plate. Thanks for any help that you can give. email replies are welcomed ~Dan~

Reply to
Dan and Ginny

You have to (in Mass, anyway) go to the RMV when you change a dashboard and have them record the mileage as it was and the mileage on the new speedometer.

You'd think with computers they would be able to deal with it more efficiently, but what happens is the title gets marked TMU (Total Mileage Unknown) and that's it. I take an engraver and a brass plate and engrave Odometer replaced, vehicle mileage 121,123, odometer mileage 92,572 and the date. That way I can keep trak of what's going on.

On one car I took the odometer apart and adjust it (you can usually do this easily from behind) and changed the mileage to the correct figure. I had a LOT of time on my hands that day!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Dan, the panel that is under the steering wheel at your knees, remove it and you will see the BCM (Body Control Module) disconnect both connectors and reconnect them, now see if your gauges work.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

My 92 did a similar sounding thing once...one by one pulled the fuses, waited a few seconds, put them back in...took care of it. Did it a couple of times to me, but hasn't done it in years now...? Never did figure out why...

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

I removed and them put back what I thought might be the connectors to Body control module, one is off white the other is blue. This did not make the gauges work. I also removed and replaced all the fused and that did not fix it. I did a voltage check from the gauges fuse to ground and it was near 12 volts. To maxpower: I posted a jpg of what I thought was the module that you were talking about. The jpg did appear in our webtv newsgroup reader, but may not appear to you PC people. Anyhow, do you feel that I should find a body control module in a junk yard, or look for a used instrument panel ~ Thank-you, Dan~

Reply to
Dan and Ginny

similar thing happen to me: it turned out that my ignition switch is bad. it was a gmc but it might be your case also. keep in mind.

Reply to
uccoskun