Half-shaft balancing

I have find out that vibration comes out due to unbalanced half-shaft. Where should I look for a half-shaft balancing service? Dealer? I prefer not. They had no clue what is wrong, set totally wrong diagnose.

Reply to
Stekicar

why would a half shaft need balancing? If it is bent, replace it, if the inner joint is worn(probably the cause) replae it. A shaft will not come unbalanced unless either the above is present.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

I have found out that I have vibration on the front left side of the vehicle. I raised the car, removed tires, turn the engine on, put in drive and pressed the gas pedal. When right side axle was rotating there were no vibrations, but when I checked left side, there were vibrations. On my old driver side half-shaft there was a balance weight, but on the "new one" which I put 23.000 miles ago there was no balance weight. Shaft is not bent, and nothing is loose. Thank you!

damnnickname wrote:

Reply to
Stekicar

Junkyard for a new used one. Shaft might be bent. Maybe the CV joints are shot, that could also cause the vibration.

Reply to
George Jaynes

I agree with Glenn. But...

Call around and find a shop that can make custom half shafts (needed when doing engine or transmission swaps). If anyone can balance them they can. If it is bent or has a bad CV joint, they should be able to tell.

This is what happens when we try to save a few bucks with brand x parts. I've learned that doing it right the first time actually costs less.

Gyz

Reply to
Me