Balancing tires on a Hunter GSP 9700

Am getting new tires and have become aware of this machine. Is this one of many brands of wheel-balancing machines, or is it worth seeking out? When I have bought tires previously (which is seldom) I have paid no attention, and have had no problems.

Are there substantial differences between balancing methods that I should be aware of?

BC unbalanced

Reply to
BCDrums

Unless you have a vehicle that is notorious for being sensitive to imbalance I don't think it's worth worrying about as long as the shop uses a modern computerized balance machine.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

i think hunter is the best.when you have them balanced ask when's the last time you've had balancer calabraided.......good luck....

Reply to
Scrapper

In the end, I bought the tires from a shop that did not have the Hunter. I don't know what machine they use. The shop is part of a small chain (Hogan Tire in Massachusetts) that has been selling tires since 1915. They are members of Better Business Bureau with a clean record, they offer a 5% discount to AAA members, and their price for the tires, mount & balance and an alignment was more than a hundred bucks lower than the shop with the Hunter. They also had a nice, small-town attitude.

I decided that it wasn't a risk to buy from these people, even if they didn't have the brand-name balancer. And the tires ride great!

BC balanced

Reply to
BCDrums