Hey Glenn Beasley

Glenn, We recently bought a 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager. The driver's door power window stopped working so I had to remove the door interior panel which didn't go well. So my question is this: How do you get the panel off without breaking the plastic retainers? Even after getting it apart, these connectors look like they aren't meant to come apart once fastened. What's the trick? TIA

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I use a special tool to remove the panel , it helps in saving the fasteners. If the interior is really cold it will be very hard to pop the panel off so warm the inside up first. Also some panels have 2 screws in the lower part of the panel. If you have carpet on the door panel look very closely for holes that may conceal the screws. Other then that just pop the panel off . If you break the fasteners and the panel wont go on tight see your local Chrysler dealer for the parts. More then likely you will be buying a window regulator so get some fasteners also.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Yes, your right. One of the plastic "regulator lift plates" that runs on the guide rail broke and separated from the window. Do they sell this part separately or does the whole regulator assembly have to be replaced?

Reply to
Steve

Any part of the regulator has to be bought at a complete unit. the regulator has been updated a few times because of problems. Im not sure what you mean as far as what part broke

Reply to
maxpower

The plastic part that rides up and down the guide track and is attached to the window with a clip.

Reply to
Steve

Ok I know what you are talking about now, neway buy that part get the rest of the regulator free. it comes with the regulator. Make sure the little tit(scuse my French) on the window lift plated has not broken off also. Sometime this will happen

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I Know you were talking with maxpower, but instead of a special tool to remover your panel get a reg. putty knife put an arch in it then grind,cut, file a 1/2" V notch in the end. Now you have your special tool for next time.

Reply to
JabberJaw36