Intrepid Trouble Codes

Have the following codes set on a friend's '96 Dodge Intrepid, 3.3L, Auto trans. which are purported to be serial communication link malfunction and a TCM module issue, respectively: P0600 & P01698.

Any hints/leads/suggesstions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your response and information.

John

Reply to
John

Just guessing... I would say there is a computer for the transmission and this computer is not "talking" to the main vehicle computer.

This could be because a fuse is blown which powers the transmission computer. Or the wiring connecting the transmission computer to the rest of the vehicle/main computer has a bad connection.

If any do-it-self wiring was done and then this problem occurred, return the wiring to the way it was.

For fuse look in owners manual for which fuse and location for the powertrain control module (they could call it something else?) fuse and or check all fuses. How to check fuses...

If a wiring problem, complete troubleshooting instructions would be in a

*complete* factory service manual set of books. Complete includes service manual, wiring diagrams, fuel and emissions books, etc. Order factory service manual sets from your dealer.
Reply to
Bill

No work has been done recently, I'm suspecting an issue with the wiring harness to the TCM and will check it and the fuse at my next opportunity.

Thanks for the input, Bill, much obliged.

Reply to
John