Occasional light backfiring during moderate acceleration - 1994 Caravan

This has been going on for 6 months or so. Are there common problems that would cause this? What should I look at first?

Reply to
Bob F

One question- is the engine burning ANY oil? I'm assuming this is the 3.0 liter Mitsubishi V6. They had valve guide and seat problems which CAN cause backfiring in the intake under moderate load. For your sake I HOPE this is not your problem. It could also be as simple as the engine running too lean because of a bad fuel filter - or water in the fuel.

Reply to
clare