Oil pan on '96 Dodge Neon ?

My wife has a '96 Dodge Neon (2.0 w/ 5 speed stick) with 44k miles on it and in good condition except for the oil pan. It's looking very corroded and has developed a weepy oil spot on the bottom. This is a stamped steel pan. I'm seeing replacements listed for '97-'02 Neons. They are cast aluminum pans. Would one of these work on her car ? Or do I require an original stamped steel pan made for the '96 ?

I'm wondering if the cast pans are a better pan ?

Thanks in advance .........

Reply to
Ron

You would have to contact the dealer for that. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower