P 0455

Dear life saver,

I just bought a '98 neon. Now today on the way home the 'Engine Service Soon' light came on. I figured ok, I'll get it looked at tomarrow. Then the engine died 1/4 mile away from home. So i brought it home and got the little computer code from the car and it came up P0455. I looked it up. Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (gross leak.

Well I checked my gas cap so please don't say its that. I really can't afford to tow it so i need to take care of it myself. Please let me know what you think it could be. Also assume i'm a complete idiot when it comes to mechanics cause i'm not always privy to car terms.

Thanks for your time!

Reply to
Small_God