Re: 2004 Kia Optima

Your not going to like this but the most obvious answer is it was

>wrecked, the suspension damaged or unit body structure bent or both, and >then not properly repaired.

Generally shows itself as not traking straight. Very uncommon for wreck damage to make one side sit higher than the other, both front and back. More likely "normal" for a car designed as right drive, and supplied left drive. Set up to normally run with weight only on the right (driver's) side.

Just go over to the dealer's lot and check the heights on a few "brand new" cars as well as one of your model and year if possible to see if yours really has a problem, or if it is "normal"

>I'd take it to a good alignment shop and have them give it a through >going over. Or you might take it to a shop that does a lot of crash >repairs and get them to check it out for any damage or signs of repairs. > >I actually had a vehicle (a Jeep Comanche) that had a definite tilt to >it for a while, it happened when I hit a piece of broken curb at about >45 mph and bent the front axle. > >Good luck! > >Jeff DeWitt > >DodgeDriver wrote: >> I am posting to these newsgroups because of the vast expertise available. >> Thank you for indulging me. >> >> On April 30, 2007, I purchased a 2004 KIA Optima that had been used by the >> dealer as a loaner. The car had about 19,000 miles on it when purchased by >> me. The car had been placed in Service by the dealer on June 30, 2005. >> When purchased by me, there was a little over 3 years and 40, 000 miles left >> on the warranty. I have noticed on several occassions the car appeared to >> be leaning to the left (when viewed from the rear) while parked in my >> driveway. Yesterday, I took a few measurements in the driveway and the car >> leans about 1/2" to the left. Measurements were taken at a point near the >> left front, left rear, right front and right rear. I moved the car into my >> garage, on a level floor, re-measured, and confirmed my original >> measurements. I will be taking this up with the dealer but would like any >> ideas as to what may have caused this problem and how to resolve it. >> >> Thanks for any information. >> >> >> >>
Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca