Re: New shocks ride hard

Sherwin wrote, "My 2002 Dodge Caravan has 49000 miles on it. It needed new tires and shocks (car leaned a lot on turns). I bought four new Michelin 80K tires and Monroe Sensi-Trac shocks on front and rear.

I am dissappointed with the ride now. The car handles well on turns, but the ride is harder than expected. The Sensi-Trac shocks are supposed to be for soft to medium rides, but I find they transmit road vibrations uncomfortably. Testing them at 10 MPH on a speed bump produced a jaring thud inside the car." ****************************************** The fact that the vehicle leaned on turns has nothing to do with shocks. The good news is that with any luck the new shocks may indeed soften up, since they could probably be expected to give a noticeably stiffer ride than shocks with almost 50,000 miles on them -- although the old ones likely weren't "worn out.". Also, there may be a difference in ride with the new 80K tires on them, as they often ride harder than, say, 50K tires, which are made of a softer compound -- and that may have been the type of tires you replaced. The fact that they were so badly worn out suggests (to me) that this may have been the case.

Reply to
James Goforth