Smell burn toast from the rear wheel

I smell an odor like burning toast from the rear. It seems from the real wheels. I checked all the fluids. The brakes have also been checked. And I also did rotation. The smell is still there after driving about 10 mintues. I think it may come from "electrical short circuit". But I don't know what part of the electrical circuit will be in the back of the car. Are there any friends who can give me any ideas? Thanks a million.

Reply to
Leeinwind

I dont know if you have any friends that can help but I will give it a try, First of all make sure it isnt coming from under the hood, such as the starter or a/c compressor clutch and coil burning up. I cant think of anything in the rear that would cause a smell. And make sure it isnt your brake shoes hanging up too, this would give off a bad smell when driving. O yea, I was just curious as to what kind of vehicle this is?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

usually the smelling of burnt toast is the sign off a brain tumor. Do you sometimes have blurred vision also?

No seriously. If you had an electrical short, I would think there would be signs of it. ie: lights not working, radio, not working etc. The only electrical at the back of the car would be taillights, rear defroster, fuel pump. Not much else there.

Reply to
David

My car is 95 Neon Sports Sedan 4 door. By turning on all the electrical system on without starting the engine, no odor comes out. So it seems that's no problem with electrical system. And I smelt the odor from the emission. It's not from there, either. The last thing that I did was going under the car with starting the engine. I found some plastic stuff attached to the emission pipe. (I think the smell might be a burning plastic after I saw that, now I'm not sure what kind of smell it is) I tried to get rid of most of them but there were still some left that I couldn't remove. When I drove, I still smelt some odor but not as much as before. Would this smell be the plastic bag melting?

For the source of the smell, I'm pretty sure that it's not from under the hood because when I stop the car, the smell always comes from the back of the car. When I smelt the odor, I opened the hood immediately, but I couldn't smell any odor from inside the hood. But I don't know whether I need to go under the car to smell again. Do I? Thanks a lot.

I'm planning to drive a long distance by this car if this problem can be fixed. So any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks a million.

Reply to
Leeinwind

i think you've found it!buns are done!

Reply to