Smell from plastic bag burn taround exhaust

Experiencing a bad smell from a large plastic bag which become wrapped around and burnt onto the exhaust pipe. It has been there for a couple of months and still emits an odor.

Any suggestions ?

Reply to
Dave Kemp

wrapped

Are there any LONG steep grades you could blast up at 70+ mph with your foot deep in the throttle?

Reply to
Philip ®

None I'm afraid,....it took about 6months for the HD chaff bag to melt/burn off my muffler in an old Dodge.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Reply to
Ring Toss Dave

Take it to a muffler shop, im sure they have had the problem often and can scrape or grind it off

Reply to
mark Ransley

Remove the bag?

Reply to
The #1 Sharxster

Its impossible. The plastic melts onto the muffler and forms a stuck-on coating.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Depends which kind of plastic bag it was. Some bags will dissolve when exposed to gasoline. (Just be sure the muffler is cool.)

Reply to
Owen Funkhouser