stolen car

just though i'd post to share the story.

the thing has been running beautiful.. changed the fuel filter, increased fuel pressure, put in a good air filter, cleaned out the interior.. next up was to put together some G-valves to trick the map sensor and change my boost levels. was going to take out the cat. converter too.

but i woke up last tuesday morning and the damn thing was gone.. just some busted plastic on the driveway. they found it by thursday morning, but i didn't care to ask where.

so now i have an '88 new yorker turbo that sucks again. if they had thefted it like 2 weeks ago, it would have stalled by the end of the alleyway LOL --which is where i would have found it, i'm sure.

i was lucky enough to only have about $2.86 worth of fuel in the car, so they didn't get very far at all. still.. now it needs a steering column, rear suspension, something is wrong with the front left brakes, needs a driver's door for the hole in the side where the lock used to be, a passenger door cause they kicked the crap out of it for no reason, i need the chrome trim for pretty much the whole car, plastic bumper mouldings for the front and back, front bumper, and front fenders. it has some damage to that radiator assembly on the underside and the motor mount sticks out the bottom now, but the unibody is still straight.. so i'm just gonna drive this junker till she dies.

learns me to have fire and theft on the next one. *point of the whole story-- fire and theft coverage is like $22 per YEAR*

i can't wait to get another one ;)

Reply to
ArchTaib

Man oh man that story sounds like some of the issues I had with my car let's see:

-When I first bought it, someone stole my temp tags..

-I had three tires slashed (I don't know why).

-I probably had a flat tired around ummmm 10 times..

-I had to take it back to the dealer because it had a recall on all Neons (something about brakes)

-Someone tried to steel it about 4 times

-I had to fix my front wind shield about 2 times

-My right side mirror don't work

-Check engine light is on

-Had it hit while parked about 3 times

-Had a serious accident about 2 times

-Brakes are out of whack

-Had it towed while I was sleeping and my car was in my own parking lot ......and to top it off, some time in the middle of last week, my key can not open my driver's door, so I have to open the passenger door, climb in and unlock the driver's door....I just leave the door unlock hoping someone steals the piece of crap!!!

Reply to
Rena J via CarKB.com