stuttering and puttering my 2001 dodge neon se

when excellerating the car sputters. and there is a pop sound . this is at speeds between 25 and 55 miles per hour.and the engine light comes on when this happens.after it gets going the engine light goes out.

Reply to
maximus817

Hi I have no answer for you but I wanted to ask you if you find out first, what is wrong, can you please e-mail me and i'll do the same for you? Thanks

Reply to
nicolewilliams

you need to get a new pcv valve. My husband just fixed mine. you can blow it out with some carb cleaner because it is probably sticking.

Reply to
nicolewilliams

It has nothing to do with a PCV valve, you have a cylinder misfire and you need to take care of it now before you damage the Catalytic Converter. Replace the plugs and wires

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower