1999 Caravan

I have a 1999 Caravan and I never got a manual that comes in the glove box. What I am looking for is how to turn the door locks off so when you take off they will not lock. Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

let me go out to my van and get my manual....I know it is in there somewhere

Reply to
honk_on_bobo

Thanks for the help!!!!!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

forgot van is in the shop......oops

Reply to
honk_on_bobo

Don't you just hate it when the doors lock you inside? I'm still looking for my manual, I'll let you know when I find it.

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com

I had a '97 Voyager, same van I think, & it was a fuse option. Pull the appropriate fuse to disable. Don't think it was listed in the manual, I found it in a service book.

On the other hand, don't you get an insurance discount for this "passive restraint" system?

Reply to
just another

Ok here it is Jerry:

  1. Close all doors

  1. Place key in the ignition and turn the key between the OFF and ON position for a total of (4) times ending in the OFF position (Do not start the engine).

  2. Press the drivers side door lock button to lock the doors.

  1. You will hear a single chime when programming is completed.

Hope this helps you Jerry....so sorry for the delay!!

Rob

Reply to
honk_on_bobo

Rob,

Thanks for responding to my request for instructions on how to deactivate the auto door locking on my vehicle. It worked!!!! No more extra steps because I forgot the doors were locked. Not having an owner's manual makes me dependent on people like you who are willing to take the time. It is greatly appreciated

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

No it only locks the door so you can not get inside. From the inside you can open any door. I got the fix from "honk_on_bobo" but thanks for trying.

Reply to
Jerry

appropriate fuse to

restraint" system?

Its meant as an anti-carjacking thing. locks when you go ver 15mph

Reply to
flobert

Lots of them on eBay:

sample