03 dodge ram 3500 cummins

Dies out while driving down the road, but starts soon after.

-- Message posted using

information at

mb2020

Umm, how many miles and has the required servicing been done? You really are not giving much for anyone to help diagnos the problem.

Reply to
azwiley1

Check for codes. Do you still have the original lift pump? If so, it is located on the rear of the fuel filter. Some folks report these going out on them under 20k miles, I replaced mine with an aftermarket Walbro pump at about 117k miles and think the original was still working (non-working isolator).

If it is your lift pump and you keep trying to drive it your CP3 (high pressure pump) will burn up. The LP is not nearly as expensive as the CP3. If you are under 100K miles you are probably still under warrantee.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

This same problem on my 00 was the APPS, which was not plugged in properly after a visit to the dealer for an injection pump.

Reply to
Max Dodge