1992 TRANSMISSION PAN

i recently replaced the transmission on my 1991 dodge dakota with a rebuilt one from a 92, but the transmission pan is a little dented. where can i found a replacement one and/or can i just pound this one flat with a hammer and dolly?

Reply to
l.oldmopar

Nothing wrong with a little metal work - it's just a stamped steel pan. As long as the dent isn't around the flange area, and your pounding isn't going to warp the flange, I'd say go for it and save the cash.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence