2001 Dakota..pinion bearing

How much can I expect to pay a mechanic to replace the pinion bearing in my 2001 Dakota v-6 4x4 rearend (3rd member)? I was told $75 in parts from the parts store. How much for labor? What is a fair price?

I ask this because a friend who is a mechanic is going to do the work and he probably won't want any payment, but I want to be fair with him.

Thanks,

Hank

Reply to
Hustlin' Hank

In 1974 I had a dealership replace a pinion seal, cost $35 for labor and parts.

Reply to
Redneck

What about a couple of cartons of beer.......

Neville MADDEN