2001 Dodge Dakota - ABS Light

Good morning, 2001 Dodge Dakota has the ABS light and the brake light ON. Any idea what I should be looking for to figure this one out...
Steve
Good morning, 2001 Dodge Dakota has the ABS light and the brake light ON. . Any idea what I should be looking for to figure this one out... ' Steve
============== a code
~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his crown'n'coke.......hopes he pass's the test and gits his patch~ ~:~
In responce to Marsh Monster 's post. I thought everyone should know:

wery helpful marsh ;)
to answer the guys question in reality, the most likely and common cause of this is the rear wheel speed sensor in the top of the axle housing. i think its a $30 part.
--
Chris

That's what fixed mine.
Ken
==== "Chris Thompson" wrote in message:
to answer the guys question in reality, the most likely and common cause of this is the rear wheel speed sensor in the top of the axle housing. i think its a $30 part. Chris ============On Jul 30, 2:32 pm, "NapalmHeart" wrote:
That's what fixed mine.
Ken- ============ I fixed one with a fuse.
I fixed another by adding brake fluid.
I fixed another by cleaning the sensor.
I fixed another by by rebuilding the differential.
I fixed another by changing out the brake module.
but............
ialwayspulledcodesbeforeifixedanyofem
fact,not ficton
~:~ MarshMonster ~chunks another shroom in the boiling pot.......mmmmm..... this stuffs git'n potent.......good batch..good batch~ ~:~
In responce to Marsh Monster 's post. I thought everyone should know:

no arguements about the fact that checking codes is the best thing to do, but given the failure rate of the item i mentioned, it wouldnt be a terribly unsafe bet to say that it probably is the culprit. dont forget i said probably.
--
Chris

======================== Chris, in reality, you didn't answer the guys question. The guys question was what should he be look'n for.......well......
THE FIRST THING to look for on a computerized system that has SET a code.........IS THE CODE.
;)
but.......in reality.......he could jest chunk parts at it i reckon till the problem goes away.
After all.......speed sensors don't cost much.....
do they?
very helpfull Chris, ;)
~:~ MarshMonster ~wash's the shit off a shroom.......drops it in the boiling water.........mmmmmm........this could be a good batch~ ~:~
In responce to Marsh Monster 's post. I thought everyone should know:

wow bash me twice I'm so honored.
--
Chris

If your brakes are working fine and you have good pedal, I would look at a wheel speed sensor if I didn't have the error code. Getting an error code for the problem is the best bet.

================== On Jul 30, 8:04?am, "Ed Medlin" wrote: . If your brakes are working fine and you have good pedal, I would look at a wheel speed sensor if I didn't have the error code. Getting an error code for the problem is the best bet. ============== what he said......ditto.
A code!
~:~ marsh ~pours Ed the first cup of his fresh batch of shroom tea~ ~:~

Thank you kindly sir..........:-)
Ed