2001 Dodge Dakota - ABS Light

Good morning,

2001 Dodge Dakota has the ABS light and the brake light ON. Any idea what I should be looking for to figure this one out...

Steve

Reply to
Steve N

Good morning, 2001 Dodge Dakota has the ABS light and the brake light ON. . Any idea what I should be looking for to figure this one out... ' Steve

======== ========

a code

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his crown'n'coke.......hopes he pass's the test and gits his patch~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

If your brakes are working fine and you have good pedal, I would look at a wheel speed sensor if I didn't have the error code. Getting an error code for the problem is the best bet.

Reply to
Ed Medlin

In responce to Marsh Monster 's post. I thought everyone should know:

wery helpful marsh ;)

to answer the guys question in reality, the most likely and common cause of this is the rear wheel speed sensor in the top of the axle housing. i think its a $30 part.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

That's what fixed mine.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

============= =============

Chris, in reality, you didn't answer the guys question. The guys question was what should he be look'n for.......well......

THE FIRST THING to look for on a computerized system that has SET a code.........IS THE CODE.

;)

but.......in reality.......he could jest chunk parts at it i reckon till the problem goes away.

After all.......speed sensors don't cost much.....

do they?

very helpfull Chris, ;)

~:~ MarshMonster ~wash's the shit off a shroom.......drops it in the boiling water.........mmmmmm........this could be a good batch~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

That's what fixed mine.

Ken- ======= =======

I fixed one with a fuse.

I fixed another by adding brake fluid.

I fixed another by cleaning the sensor.

I fixed another by by rebuilding the differential.

I fixed another by changing out the brake module.

but............

ialwayspulledcodesbeforeifixedanyofem

fact,not ficton

~:~ MarshMonster ~chunks another shroom in the boiling pot.......mmmmm..... this stuffs git'n potent.......good batch..good batch~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

========== ==========

On Jul 30, 8:04?am, "Ed Medlin" wrote: . If your brakes are working fine and you have good pedal, I would look at a wheel speed sensor if I didn't have the error code. Getting an error code for the problem is the best bet. ======== ========

what he said......ditto.

A code!

~:~ marsh ~pours Ed the first cup of his fresh batch of shroom tea~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

In responce to Marsh Monster 's post. I thought everyone should know:

no arguements about the fact that checking codes is the best thing to do, but given the failure rate of the item i mentioned, it wouldnt be a terribly unsafe bet to say that it probably is the culprit. dont forget i said probably.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

In responce to Marsh Monster 's post. I thought everyone should know:

wow bash me twice I'm so honored.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Thank you kindly sir..........:-)