2001 Ram PU. Can't find Trailer Tow Connector/Splices

I have a 2001 Ram Pickup1500. According to the Service Manual there are a number of splices in the Left Side frame rail in the rear. But all I find is a large wire bundle that is taped around. Somewhat square in shape and about 10" long. Is this the location of the splices? For those that have a Service Manual the page is 8W-95-10, figure 11. Splices S315 thru S321.

Thanks Bob AZ

Reply to
Ace

Yes, the splices are "in" the harness. What are you trying to do... there may be an easier way!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

According to the Service manual the Tow Connector hooks to the splices. Is this not true? Does the Dodge add on Tow Connector hook in here? Bob AZ

Reply to
Ace

Reply to
Lorne

Yes I am. But I am not sure the trailer connector is there or just several splices that I need to connect to to hook up a Tow Connector harness to.

I am able to jump in/under there and get a Tow Connector connected but I want to be sure of everything before I do. It is dirty, nasty and hot under there so I want to do this just once and get it right the first time. Bob AZ

Reply to
Ace