2003 Ram Hemi-Spark Plug Replacement

Ah, but will you remember it?

I hope so.

You have, from your track record in the group, always been quick to argue with just about everyone and especially anyone that dares to correct your errors or point out a lack of knowledge you have demonstrated.

Why? All it does is cause hard feelings and doesn't this old world already have enough of that?

Peace, Tom, between us when either of us screws up, ok?

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Agreed

Reply to
TBone

Better start reading up then. MP puts the voltage at 40kv in a run of the mill mid seventies Mopar ignition system. In fact, its long been reputed to have been better than the GM HEI of the same era. Another tip you might read up on is the fact that the faster the coil field is built and collapsed, the more voltage you will get. Hint: Thats why electronic switching is so much better than mechanical (points) switching.

Why replace them if you could go further? Its the same logic you used when determining why the stock plugs were chosen.

Unlike you, we don't waste time waiting till it IS broke to fix it. Its called preventitive maintenance.

Better check again.

I already quoted the line. If you missed it, too bad.

Please reply, as I'm hanging on every word......

Reply to
Max Dodge

Ok, so what are the tolerances and specs again? Please quote exact numbers, not "visual inspection" ideas.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Less than 80% is "almost there"? Wow, YOU can have the Doctors that score

80% on their exams, I'll take the ones that are almost there at 95% and above.
Reply to
Max Dodge

That would be a first. But do try anyway.

Reply to
Max Dodge

I will, Scott.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

How about 80% of your take-home pay?

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Oh geez. Ya new math for ya! 17.12 / 10.80 = 1.585 Is 1.585 ALMOST the same as 2? Guess its your new math.

Reply to
miles

Wasn't aimed at you Budd. I'm sure you are a gentleman. Others on here.... not so much.

Reply to
Max Dodge

While it's true, that it wasn't "aimed" at me, I felt it worthwhile that I make certain my feelings on the matter.

That way, in the future, it can't be claimed that I did not agree to be peacable. It'll be in the Google archives for a lo-o-o-ong time.

VBG

Budd

in

news:8PA2f.12919$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...

performance

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Like I thought, a meaningless number.

Reply to
TBone

Meaningless? Same as your meaningless number. Almost twice. lol

Reply to
miles

LOL, yea, at what RPM? And even there, that is a MAX possible voltage, not the actual voltage. You do know that, right?

Hahahahahahahahaha, you really do make me laugh. Did you view an article on the web dealing with Faraday's Law and now think that you are an expert? In reality, you don't have a clue. Do you even know what they mean when they are talking about the coil field speed because I don't think so. Are you saying that the coil has a higher output as the engine RPM increases because that is what it sounds like and if you believe that you really are way over your head. Now please explain exactly why electronic switching is so much better than mechanical switching. While there actually are reasons, I doubt with what you said above that you really know what they are.

Nope, like I said, you don't have a clue. Since I had already bought the new ones, it made little sense to put the old ones back even though they still looked ok, especially with the difficulty in replacing some of them.

No, it's called paranoia and wasting money. If there was significant visible wear then even though the engine was running fine, it would fall under the category of preventative maintenance to replace it but when there is no significant wear or visible damage, then what is the point? Sorta like changing the oil every 1500 or 3000 miles whether it actually needs it or not.

I did and with your BS above, you still are.

I am asking where I actually did it, not one of your redefinitions of reality.

As you should be.

Reply to
TBone

I hope that you are including yourself in the "not so much" category there Scotty

Reply to
TBone

It's called PREVENTIVE maintenance... there ain't no such word as preventative!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

You know I hate to back TBone, right?

According to this, it's either way.

Dammit.... grumble...

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Ya know.... for someone who tries to take himself so seriously, you sure do giggle like a schoolgirl...

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Well, if you will look in an older dictionary like my Webster's College Dictionary, copyright 1992, you will not find the word preventative. You will also note in the web link you provided that "preventative" is a variant of preventive. Preventative has been bastardized by so many people that it may finally be reaching acceptance, but it still ain't a word and is improper english. S, don't grumble just yet.

;^)

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Is this the best that you can do? That noise level of yours is reaching all time highs.

Reply to
TBone