2005 Ram 3500 Dually

Bright Red, we call her BART (Big Assed Red Truck) It's now 2 years old, I put 65K on it pulling a 15K 5th wheeler all over this country.

And, I still got a smile on my face I can't get off when passing them Fords going up a mountain and the ole ford is pumping fuel outta the exhaust pipe.....

Reply to
Scott Hendryx

Only 15k when it's rated for 19k ;-)

I do have reservations when Cummins comes out with the V8. The Ford and GMC (Izusu) really don't compare. It seems straight cylinder engines have had a good history for being reliable and producing more torque. Both the Ford and Chevy gasoline straight sixes were very good long lasting engines... I guess the v8 stuff is for marketing and fad.

Reply to
GeekBoy

The jury's still out here. I'n not going to buy one, but I'll wait and see what those that do say.

Reply to
Scott Hendryx

dont forget the leaning tower of power. the slant six is a inline desighn.

that may be, id guess its because that's what the manufacturers feel that the consumers want. most people looking to buy a half ton hasn't ever owned a diesel or had experience with one.

Reply to
Chris Thompson