42rh Transmition Help

I have a 1991 Dodge Ram 50. (Yes I know it really isn't a dodge!) and the transmition started to go out on it. It has the 42rh transmition. I had a transmition from a salvage yard put in and it works good except for a few things that seem strange.

  1. I have no over drive now. the old transmition had overdrive and it did work. but now it wont shift into 4th (over drive) gear. what i think is odd is the switch on my stearing wheel that turns overdrive on and off wont light up the light in the dash showing me if it is on or off.

  1. no reverse lights, now i am not positive but i do believe that the lights worked before the transmititon was changed. i did check the fuse and the bulbs and they are ok.

  2. while it seems to work good the service tech that put it in thought it was odd that he had to adjust the throttal linkage all the way max to get it to shift right, he said it kept shifting too fast.

when they installed it they did a complete flush and filter replacement.

is any of this related? is it fixable or do i need to get another new transmition???

Thank You.

Reply to
DjinnRutger