93 dodge dakota wont idle

I am the proud owner of a `93 dodge dakota. 3.9 v6 The vehicle runs and idles ok when cold, as it warms up it stalls when put into gear and as it gets up to running temp it has trouble even cranking and idling at all unless you open the throttle WIDE OPEN and then it seems to be flooding really bad. The truck runs ok on road if you can get it to take off, but stalls and dies at stop signs and absolutely will not idle when put into gear. please keep in mind it does idle and idle in gear when its cold, not when it warms up. I have replaced the idle air control valve , no codes pressent at this time. very puzzling. any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Scott

Reply to
john doe

I had the same problem with my 93 Dakota V8 a few years ago. I took it to the dealer and he said that cleaning the injectors would solve the problem and it would only cost $150. I think that was the price. I got some Techron and ran a couple of tanks of that through the system and after a couple of weeks, it was running like a top. Since then I put a bottle of techron through the system in all my vehicles about once every 3-4 months.

Don

Reply to
Pinehollow