Corolla Rough Idle When Cold

I have a 1989 Corolla with a 1.6 liter engine with a carburator. The car has 70K original miles on it. When it is started cold, it idles rough and runs rough for about the first 4 or 5 minutes. It sems to be firing on only two cylinders and I can smell gas when it is idlng rough. After 5 minutes or so the car warms up a bit and runs and idles perfectly. I have changed the plugs,cap and rotor, and spark plug wires recently. Any ideas??

Doug and Patty

Reply to
MRTYMCFLY