A-arm mounts

Hello, I've got a '74 Dodge D-100 that the a-arm mount where the frame tab is rusting off..forward ones are fine though and it's the same story for both left and right. The castor-camber cam adjusters are fine but that part being riveted to the frame and cross member worries me since I don't know a source for such parts other than maybe calling a local frame shop and asking for that piece.. I'll likely re-bush them too.

Thanks George

Reply to
Morgan

It sounds like you're in a state that uses salt on the winter roads or along an ocean. I'm from Indiana originally.

Find a complete engine crossmember from a Southwestern junkyard on the 'net for you vehicle, but check the condition of your frame first. No sense in patching what isn't there anymore.

-- Budd Cochran

WARNING!!!

Poster still believes that intelligence, logic,

common sense, courtesy, and religious beliefs

are still important in our society, and might include

them in his posts.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Yep, I live in MA. I think this was a truck that started life on Cape Cod...snow, salt air, salt on the roads.. Frame is okay, I smear the bugger with grease when I've got it on my hands from u-joints or when I do oil changes. Granted, it's been sitting a couple years but I've changed the cab and had a good look what's there. It could use a good wire brushing and being shot with por-15 or something to seal out the moisture. I realize kero and used oil will do a good job but I'm one of those that believes in not adding to environmental issues. So, painting it with something fairly tough would be fine for me. I try to keep up on leaks the thing has too. Yes, it may be rusty but I try to take care of it as best as I can. I generally don't have much time to do junkyard crawls..or call around. I get home and I go to sleep and try to get as much as I can.

I keep hoping someone made up something like I need, part is no longer available through mopar since I checked this week. I've had it in mind to cut a piece of square tubing into the shape I need and copy the holes as best I can. Plasma cutter.. ;)

Reply to
Morgan

I've done that myself, but there's never enough to do the whole frame.

Kero and oil will also prevent you from using Por-15 or any other sealer.

I understand. BTDT. Still ordering a crossmember online from a yard in Texas won't have _you_ crawling in the dirt ;) From the factory, it's riveted in, but some grade 8 bolts of the right dimensions will do the job.

Well, ya could, but drill the holes before you cut so the side to be removed will help keep them aligned during drilling.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran