Built like a Mercedes (?)

I smell a troll.

Bill Putney

Not strictly true. They saw the Aryan race as being the "master" race, of which the Germans, amongst others, were descended.

Reply to
Alan LeHun

You're quite right of course.

Those Aryans had some interesting ideas about the 'Untermenschen'.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Exactly.

Reply to
TBone

You will be getting the bill for cleaning the coffee out of my keyboard, LOL ;-)

Reply to
TBone

It is not a poor argument. You still read top down and left to right. The fact is that logic flows in a logical direction, not from point to point. When people top post, 99% of the time nobody has any clue what they are replying to, as the point they are addressing could be anywhere in the OP.

************************* Dave
Reply to
DTJ

Neither do inline or bottom posters, unless a whole group of script kiddies gets lost and starts posting in groups they have no business in.

************************* Dave
Reply to
DTJ

You germans sure do like to rewrite history.

************************* Dave
Reply to
DTJ

Name one 1/2 ton PU that gets better mileage than the average car.

Explain how any 1/2 ton regularly moves more people. PUs full of illegal aliens not included.

************************* Dave
Reply to
DTJ

Maybe in your town, but the overwhelming majority of truck owners DO NOT utilize them 90% of the time.

Excepting the asshole trolls like LBMHB, most people have no issue with tradesmen using trucks.

************************* Dave
Reply to
DTJ

Criticize all you like, most of us do! Thats why we can't understand how you found thta POV. Obviously in suggesting that we need an energy policy and to put more money into public transit is not exactly a popular view in this country.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Parts don't go quite as fast, nor do they get here at no cost. Hence the fact that they cost more once here. It has been supposed that the difference is only a dollar or two, but in a capitalist economy, the seller can sell at the price of his choice, so long as he is the lowest price (only?) and a demand exists.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Talk about arrogant jerks ------

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

I take it you didn't watch the State of the Union speech before posting that idiotic comment then ?

Not popular to have a policy ! LMAO Your leader seems to have one !

Dubya says the USA has to get away from its oil dependency. I guess Cheney was seething at that point ! ;-)

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Or changing the subject of the thread. Oh, right - it's still on topic. The Mercedes is built in the same way as the majority of these posts

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

You'll have to stand by while I laugh hysterically at GWB's hydrogen induced euphoria that he likes to call a policy.

GWB's policy is based on the fact that petrol, NG and diesel are of such a price that capitalist enterprise will open up new markets of energy. While its true that it will happen, its not a proactive policy if one simply stands back and allows something to happen without solving the problem.

Reply to
Max Dodge

Ed, now you stop that. Posting facts will just confuse the issue.

Reply to
Jerry

Either you need to learn how to post, or you have no clue about how poor Haiti really is.

************************* Dave
Reply to
DTJ

No, we are able, but we don't care for those uncouth individuals of europe doing so in jealousy.

Debate about an issue is fine, but the comments from a lot of europeons today is unbecoming.

************************* Dave
Reply to
DTJ

Can you drive at that speed for say, 14 hours without stopping in Limey land, or anywhere else in Europe? Get on the Interstate on the east coast and drive to the Pacific coast in 4 days, or less with 2 drivers. Then turn around and drive back, with no repairs. Or drive from Northern Ontario to Key West Florida without stopping except for gas, food, and washroom breaks, and virtually NEVER be under 65 MPH?

I remember driving from Kitchener Ontario to Murray River PEI in 18 hours, non-stop in a '53 Dodge.That included the ferry crossing at Tormentine. Do the math. There was no loafing.

Yes, some Euro cars will do it - and in some you may even be relatively comfortable.The old Rover 2000TC comes to mind. A 2.5 Mondeo would fit the bill too, if there were only 2 adults.

But take a big American Chevy and wind it through the hedge-rows of old Limey ---- Not a chance.

Differnt ponies for different tracks.

Yup - I've driven those roads.

But 200,000 miles can easily be put on a car in 3 years in parts of Canada and the USA.

The Heavy Half Hilux and the Toyota one ton pickups in the eighties easily handled 2-3 tons, and lasted better than the Chevy pickups of the same period.My dad used both in his contracting business, and the Toyota didn't take a back seat to Chevy OR Ford at the time.

And we didn't get the Stout or the Dyna. What they would handle with a puny little 4 cyl engine was unbelievable. The L series and B series diesels, particularly the Turbo L, were almost unstoppable, and even the 3R, 5R, 6R, 8R and 20R gas engines lasted incredibly well.

Untill we load 2 face cords of hardwood on 'em. Then you se 'em squat!!

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca