Changing a hydraulic lifter on a 1988 Dodge 360 engine?

I've got a 1988 Dodge P/U with 360 engine. It's my work truck I used for hauling. One of the lifters has packed it in as of today. Do I have to pull the intake manifold off to change the lifters on that engine?

I know some engines you do and some you don't. That is why I am asking.

Thanks for your help.

Mack.

Reply to
Mack

I know of no engines that do NOT require the removal of the intake manfold, including the 360/5.9. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Not Chrysler/Dodge, but the AM General/GEP 6.5 diesel engine you can change lifters without removing the intake. In fact removing the intake won't help one bit! (Closed valley design...)

Reply to
PeterD

You haven't worked under the hood for very long then. I can think of a LOT of them.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
Steve Lusardi