2000 Ram 3500 CTD

I've found a 2000 Ram 3500 4X4 with the CTD, dual rear wheels, automatic, Laramie SLT Package, good tires, and 53,000 miles. The guy's asking $14,500, which is about $2,000 over Blue Book. I'd appreciate any input as to whether this is a fair price and any information about particular issues for this model year.

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

The usual lift pump and possible trans issues. other that that...

What happened with the 77 vette? Did you take a look at it?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Laramie SLT Package,

$2,000 over Blue Book.

information about particular

Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)

Haven't done that yet. I was in the hospital for 4 days with pancreatitis, another week to recover enough to do much of anything, then been back to work for the last 2 days. Too much to do, too little time, and the Vette's about a 90 mile round trip away. If it goes to someone else I'm not going to be too disappointed, but if it's still there next week when I'm on vacation and the weather's good I'll probably try to go look at it.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

ic, Laramie SLT Package,

out $2,000 over Blue Book.

formation about particular

I sold my 99. 3 lift pumps and two vp44 injection pumps in 46k miles. (about $1300 a pop for the vp installing myself) I had a fuel pressure gauge and kept a close eye on it too . glad i kept my old p-pumped 12 valve 95 it's twice the truck.Just turn the key and go like mad, never any issues. if it has the vp system i'd run away.....but that's just me.(I'm a old fart that hates computer controlled vehicles) old 95 gets better fuel mileage with a 0 fuel plate,100 hp injectors and super b turbo AND has twice the power. only issues with the 94-98's is the auto trans is barely up to the task of a stock motor when the trans is stock. good trans and billet converter (about 4k) and the truck will last forever. Newer auto tranny's are no better they need upgraded also. Engines on the 94-98 is all mechanical control, fuel mileage is controlled by the skinny pedal. I get 19 round town and have gotten as high as 26 on road trips. I am definitely biased when it comes to a twelve valve but if i were gonna spend that much money on another truck I just couldnt see buyin one with a fuel system even Cummins admitted was a stop gap.

Reply to
JohnB

newer common rail fuel systems i cannot tell ya much about. just going by my exp. with em.

Reply to
JohnB

Thanks for the info, John.

Ken