crd update

took the liberty to the dodge dealer today. got it back after a few hours and they said they had to order the #3 glow plug. says that was the reason for the check engine light (just come on a few days ago) and the miss. i guess ill be convinced when i see the simptoms go away in a few days when the part gets installed.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Glow plugs? GLOW PLUGS? ON A NEW DIESEL? AND YOU BOUGHT IT?

You know how many times in my life I've heard "well it dropped a glow plug and destroyed the piston, head, and block"... Its the story behind half the medium-duty bucket trucks you'll find on Ebay...

Was Chrysler nice enough to stick you with a hard-to-get-at timing belt too, or did they leave that joke to only be told by the VW TDI?

JS

PS - Anyone ever heard of a Cummins 'consuming' its grid heater? I've heard of them failing and people continuing to operate them normally with additional smoke in the morning. Of course, this is Texas - Chuck Norris's beard insulates us from real cold.

Christ> took the liberty to the dodge dealer today. got it back after a few hours

Reply to
JS

yes i bought it. given the choice between another gas burner and a diesel...ill choose the diesel everytime. would i have ruther a grid heater system? sure! but this is what's offered in the liberty and its a truck she likes. so she gets it. remember you gotta keep mama happy.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Completely understandable.

What kind of millage is it getting? I'm still averaging around 25 mpg in my '01 Santa Fe v6, rolled 100k and paid the last payment this month. Still runs nicely... Most of the wear-out parts are now available aftermarket, and junkyards are selling the rest for weight. I'm going to call it the K-car of the 21st century...

JS

Reply to
JS

we are getting around 24 mpg round town (i drive when we are together and my lead foot doesnt help mpg much) im expecting around 30 on the highway looking forward to the first trip in it. sits really nicely, the engine/highway noise isnt too bad although ive rode in quieter. (it sounds like a diesel inside, although the turbo wistle doesnt even come close to the of the cummins). one of these weekends im gonna weasel out of working and we're gonna hook the boat to it and see what she's really made of.

*grin* it should pull it nicely.
Reply to
Christopher Thompson