Dodge Ram 1500 Cruise Control

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab ST with the 5.7 liter Hemi engine. This truck has an electronic throttle control and did not come with cruise control. Can anybody tell me what I have to add to put cruise control on it. I assume because it has electronic throttle the cruise must be controlled by one of the modules but I don't know which one or what I need to add.

Reply to
michael.lday

I didn't know you could still get a vehicle without cruise.

Reply to
TBone

You'd need your PCM re-programmed to support cruise control. You'd also need a new steering wheel, and possibly a new wiring harness and/or clockspring on the column to support the CC buttons. It depends on whether the clockspring is pre-wired for the CCD bus connections.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

Hmm, I've never seen a 2002 and up 1500 without cruise...even a stripped one the dealer was desperate to sell had it. Along with the insane V6.

BDK

Reply to
BDK

yes tom the cruise is still an option. infact it was a plesant suprise when we bought my 05 2500 as it was not an option we had listed as what we were looking for.

-chris

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Most dealers will order the cloth seat and cruise control upgrade. I know on my 2002 1500 it was an option. I bought the cheapest truck I could get; my carrying and towing requirements were not great. I didn't even know that I had the cruise upgrade until my wife was driving it on the highway the first time and immediately set the cruise. It was right under my nose and I didn't even see it til then. It was an option though. I actually liked the V-6 with the stick shift. Sounded good and got better gas mileage than the 4.7 I now have in the Dakota. If your towing demands are small, it was (and is) a good engine. Almost as much horsepower as the 4.7.

John

Reply to
JPH

I drove a 4.7 2003 before I bought my truck and it was tolerable, but I drove a friend's Dak with a 3.7 and I couldn't have taken it for long, it was too gutless for me. Kind of reminded me of my 77 Power Wagon, a real slug when I bought it. Top end was like about 75 into a good headwind, and it took all day to get there. a thousand bucks in parts and a lot of work got it running pretty decently. When it ran.

If Dodge hadn't killed the 360, I never would have bought a Dodge in

2003. The 318 and 360 choice in 2000 kept me from buying a Ram back then. I drove a couple and the insane amount of pinging in the 360's totally turned me off.

I had 3 of them, and the first one, in a 74 Roadrunner was the only one I was really happy with.

BDK

Reply to
BDK