Dodge Ram 2003 5.7 auto 4x4 not starting in 2nd at low speed

Hi, I'm based in the UK and have been the proud owner of this Dodge from new, imported from Canada. It's the 1500 Laramie, 5.7 hemi V8 Auto

4x4. This week I have noticed a problem when slowing down to a junction....if you don't actually stop and hence touch the throttle to move off again at low speed, instead of starting off in 2nd gear it jolts down to 1st (as though you'd stamped on the throttle). As there are virtually no Dodge experts here in the UK does anybody have an idea what might have stopped working? Ttruck has done about 40000 miles, never towed and rarely hammered / tire smoked! I've checked fluid when hot and the level is about mid way between hot and cold settings and looks nice and clean. Please help, I have horrific nightmares returning from my days of owning an 87 blazer with 700R4 box!
Reply to
johnnie

I have a 89 burb with a 700R4 that has not given me two cents of trouble since new and it has 180K mile plus on it now. Alxe ratio, speed and load will determine when to downshift at lower speeds. You might trouble shoot a bit more and see what the speed is at which it no longer does it to determine the threshold and whether or not there is a problem.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Hey A-- Hole go back a to the other threads and answer the questions and back up your statements.

Reply to
Roy

a--hole? roy, you're starting to get soft in your "old age".

personally, i think that snoman is an ass clown, even on his best day, but then i'm not getting so soft yet.

Reply to
theguy

Soft? Don't kid yourself . Just figured kid's back at school and so on.

Certainly is!

Roy

Reply to
Roy